Boys 15 – 18 Entrance Criteria
*The 2021 Entrance Criteria will be available the first of January 2021.
The 2020 Scott Robertson Memorial field will consist of approximately 90 players from the categories below, including additions, with spots being filled by applicants from these categories in numerical order. All applicants from categories 1-5 will be automatically accepted, regardless of the number. Once the field is full (accepting applicants in category 1 first, 2 next, and so on), the applicants from lower categories will not gain entry, unless earning a spot through one of the qualifying rounds. Only the oldest age divisions of the following tournaments are considered.
- Top 25 in the 2019 Scott Robertson Memorial Boys 15-18 division.
- Any previous SRM 15-18 champion.
- Winner of the 2019 Scott Robertson Memorial Boys 14 and under division.
- 2019 AJGA All-Americans (1st, 2nd, and Honorable Mention teams)
- Top 60 of JGS OR GOLFWEEK rankings as of the entry deadline (March 31, 2020)
- 2019 USGA U.S. Open (qualified for the tournament field)
- 2019 USGA Men’s Amateur (round of 64)
- 2019 Wyndham Cup Team
- 2019 USGA Junior Amateur (round of 32)
- Top 61-90 of the Golfweek or JGS rankings as of the entry deadline (March 31, 2020)
Category 4 Top 15 in the following 2019 (2020 where indicated) tournaments:
- The Junior Invitational at Sage Valley
- AJGA Thunderbird International Junior
- AJGA The Junior PLAYERS Championship
- AJGA Rolex Tournament of Champions
- AJGA Simplify Boys Championship (2020)
- AJGA Wyndham Invitational
- Dustin Johnson World Junior (2020)
- Bobby Chapman Junior Invitational
- Junior Orange Bowl (2020)
- Western Junior Championship
Category 5 Top 10 in the following 2019 (2020 where indicated) tournaments:
- Sea Pines Junior Heritage (2020)
- Ping Heather Farr Classic
- Hunter Mahan Junior Championship (2020) *Event Postponed
- Boys Junior PGA Championship
- AJGA All-Star Invitational Championship at Reynolds Lake
- AJGA Bishops Gate Golf Academy Boys Junior Championship
- Eddie Hogan Cup Team Matches
- Carolinas – Georgia Junior Championship (2020)
- 2019 Men’s State Amateur Top 10/Quarter-Finalist (all states)
- 2019 Men’s State Open Top 10 (all states)
- 2019 USGA Amateur qualifier (on-site finals)
- 2019 USGA Junior Amateur (round of 64)
- Top 91-120 of the JGS or Golfweek rankings as of the entry deadline (March 31, 2020)
- 26th- 40th places in the 2019 Scott Robertson Memorial
- 2nd and 3rd place finishers in 2019 Scott Robertson 14 & Under division
- Top 121-300 of the JGS or Golfweek rankings as of the entry deadline (March 31, 2020)
- Top 301-400 of the JGS or Golfweek rankings as of the entry deadline (March 31, 2020)
- Top 5 in the following 2019 (2020 where indicated) tournaments:
- Gator Invitational (2020) *Event has been canceled
- SDJGA IMG Academy Junior World Golf Championships
- Southern Junior Championship
- Junior America’s Cup
- North & South Junior Championship
- Golfweek International Junior Invitational
- Hope Valley Junior Invitational
- Bubba Conlee Invitational
- IMG Academy Junior World Florida Challenge
- Press Thornton Future Masters (top 10)
- Doral/Publix Junior Classic
- Optimist International Junior Golf Championship
- Donald Ross Junior Championship (top 10)
- Canadian Boys Junior Championship
- Jones Cup Junior Invitational
- 2019 USGA Junior Amateur qualifier (on-site finals)
- 16th – 25th places in all tournaments listed in Category 4
- 11th-15th places in all tournaments listed in Category 5
- Any previous SRM Boys 14 and under Champion
- 4th and 5th places in the 2019 Scott Robertson 14 & Under division
- Winner of any 2019 AJGA event
Additions: (apply to all categories)
- The entry committee reserves the right to exempt additional players.
- 1 spot for every 14 that attempt to qualify, in the two Scott Robertson qualifying events held at Roanoke Country Club April 25 and May 13 for the 15-18 year old division. (A player is allowed only one attempt at qualifying at either Roanoke Country club or Quail Creek Country Club.)
- Top 3 qualifiers from the Quail Creek Country Club, Naples, FL qualifier, April 18.
- Top 3 on the Roanoke Valley Golf Hall of Fame Junior Boys Points Rankings. (If any of the top 3 are exempted into the tournament field through other criteria, this does not exempt the next place finisher into the field.)
- Top two qualifiers from US Challenge Cup, New England qualifier
- Winner of the VSGA Boys Player Ranking 2018-2019. (If the winner of the points is exempted into the tournament field through other criteria, this does not exempt the 2nd place finisher into the field.)
If 75 players apply from the first 6 categories, all of those applicants will be accepted (this includes any special exemptions granted by the entry committee). If 8 other players have applied from category 7, then 2 of those will be accepted (based on criteria) to reach 77 total. The 2 players in category 7 not chosen will be ranked by the committee as alternates until the qualifiers have been played, at which point the alternates will be designated from the qualifiers. The remaining applicants in category 7, plus those in 8-10 will then only earn entry through the qualifier. The field size may be reduced if the number of applicants from the 12 categories is less than 84.
Note: The SRM entry committee reserves the right to review the exemption criteria yearly and make changes as necessary. The decisions of the Entries Committee are final.